With so many of our vendors sharing resources during this challenging time, we thought we would share some of them. Last updated 5/7/20.
- Everyone Counts: This playful Pre-K activity-filled book explains the 2020 Census and the importance of counting everyone.
- Stem Fun at Home from the University of Chicago
- Studies at Home from Teaching Strategies: Through everyday experiences and observations and by using familiar resources, children investigate a topic to gain a deeper understanding of it.
- Family Learning Center from Microsoft: Engage your family for an hour or more with these free, safe and simple, family-led learning experiences for ages 3 to 12.
- Chop Chop Family: This newsletter focusing on birthdays and how to celebrate them during Covid-19 features a recipe, activities, math, science, fun food facts, celebration ideas, and more. (a 431kb PDF Download) And sign up for the Chop Chop Family Newsletter.
- Lakeshore Learning: More than 1000 free lessons and activities, at-home learning tips, and conversation starters.
- Frog Street for Young Learners: Access over 250 English and Spanish electronic books, activities and songs from the “Empowering Families” and “Sing & Read” collections
- Frog Street's DIG Pre-K at Home: Features educational videos with nationally known early childhood expert Dr. Jean, The Letter People Songs, The Letter People Games, and a comprehensive resource section with extensive activities to complete at home
- 24 At-Home Learning Activities that support academic, communication, motor, and social-emotional skills from Brookes Publishing.
- Kaplan Live: Access to easy and fun activities, creative arts & crafts, and helpful tips & strategies to champion learning through play.
- Ignite@home resources from Hatch including Outdoor Play Experiences, Cooking with Kids, and The Write Stuff.
- Sign up for free weekly activities sent to your phone from Red Leaf Press. Each week you will receive one activity for each age group in the areas of STEM, Literacy, Arts, Movement, Social-Emotional, and Transitions.
- Video Call Dance Party: Dancing, Singing, and Learning Together! from the Red Leaf Press Blog.
For Educators and Administrators
- 10 Free Resources for National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day from Brookes Publishing
- Classroom Connect from Teaching Strategies: Access content, encouragement, information and tips that you can use to customize your support and extend learning at home
- Early Childhood Education Continuity Webinar Series from Teaching Strategies: A free, live webinar series to support early childhood educators
- Conscious Discipline Covid-19 Resources: Webinars, articles and printables to support educators and families
- Coffee Chats with Brookes: A series of free video chats with Brookes Publishing authors, renowned experts on inclusive education, early childhood, and communication and language development.
- The Inclusion Lab: Brookes Publishing's blog with tips and takeaways for teaching all kids.
- School Administrator's Clip File from The Parent Institute: Tips to build student engagement and parent involvement
For Special Needs Children
- ASQ Parent Resources: Share these ASQ:SE-2 and ASQ-3 learning activities with parents and help them nurture their child’s social-emotional skills and overall development during school closures.
- At Home Learning from Tobii Dynavox with Boardmaker resources
- eSpecial Needs Blog: Offering support to parents and children with special needs